Windows is continuously increasing in size and complexity, and maintaining a clean installation of the operating system is an ongoing struggle in itself. As the operating system continues to grow larger and more complex, so does the problem of automatically removing stray files. Lately, a lot of new Windows applications have come along that claim to clean up your Windows machine, but just how well do they actually work?
With dwindling PC resources, PC users today are having a hard time keeping their system clean. The PC’s shine and shine but in the market of computer resources they are the most unaccomplished and least appreciated. One of the main reasons for this is that most PC users are aware of the importance of cleaning the system. But do they clean it? Not at all! Most people don?t even know how to do it properly.
10 Best Windows Cleanup Apps for Laptop Free 2021 – When we buy a new laptop with Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7, we find that it works very quickly and easily. But after that, productivity gradually declined and became more difficult over time.
10 best Windows cleaning apps for free PCs
10 best free windows cleaning apps for laptop 2021
This can be due to a number of factors, including the presence of unwanted files that never get cleaned up and make Windows work harder.
Junk file is a term for files that are no longer needed but are still on the system, such as temporary files, caches, thumbnails, registry entries and other unused files.
Accumulated junk files make the system cluttered and make Windows slow. This can also cause the hard drive to fill up quickly. Anyway, unwanted files that are not cleaned properly can cause problems for our Windows.
So, in this article, I am going to give some recommendations about the best PC cleaning apps for 2021 that will help you clean Windows from unwanted files to the root.
Top 10 best apps to clean Windows 10 for free for a laptop
1. Direction of storage
This built-in feature of Windows 10 can be a tool to clean up unwanted files without having to install additional apps. When Storage Sense is enabled, it can automatically clean up unwanted files when the hard drive is full. We can set the frequency and determine how much space is left until this function performs the cleaning automatically.
Storage Sense can also scan your hard drive for unwanted files such as cache and temporary files. B. other cleaning programs. If you feel that your computer is getting heavy and the remaining memory (especially on the C drive) is low, you can use this feature.
To activate and use Storage Sense:
- Open the settings.
- Call up the system menu.
- Choose Memory.
- Click on Configure Storage Sense or start it now.
- Select the On check box in the Storage Sense area.
- Choose an automatic cleaning schedule, I usually choose Every Month.
- Select Delete Temporary Files and select a cleanup schedule.
- Under Delete files in my downloads, select Never.
Direction of storage
You can also manually scan and clean up unnecessary files on your hard drive with Storage Sense, which is very useful for speeding up Windows 10 in general. The trick is to click on the Remove Now button in the bottom menu of Storage Sense.
Direction of storage
Wait for the scan to complete and then click Delete Now again to make sure the unwanted files are completely removed.
Pros and cons of using Storage Sense :
- There is no need to install additional applications.
- No advertising, no extra software.
- Do not overload the system during scanning.
- 100% free and malware-free.
- Can clean automatically.
- Limited capacity.
- It is not possible to perform a depth scan.
- It can only delete temporary files and the cache.
- The registry cannot be deleted.
- Windows 10 only.
The second best application for cleaning Windows is CCleaner. This application can clean up different types of junk files, from cache, temporary files, thumbnails, registry entries to browser tracers. The free version is good enough for use on a personal computer.
CCleaner is also equipped with enough comprehensive features to optimize the Windows we use. With this application we can thoroughly clean the hard drive, remove cache files and browser tracker, analyze the registry and remove the application until it is clean.
CCleaner’s Duplicate Search feature can also find duplicate files on your computer and clean them up. We can also perform a thorough scan of your computer to clean up unwanted leftover files from Windows Explorer activity.
Installing the CCleaner app can be one of the things you need to do after installing Windows 10, as its function is quite important to keep your system clean and simple.
This application can be installed for free, but if you want more complete features, you can buy a license for the Pro version. Download the CCleaner application from the following link:
To run a quick scan, open the CCleaner application and go to the Easy Clean> Click Scan.
Wait until the analysis is complete. You will then see the unwanted files found, which you can delete. Then click on Delete All.
To delete unwanted files in Windows Explorer, go to the Custom Cleanup menu > go to the Windows tab > highlight the types of unwanted files you want to delete > click Scan.
To remove junk files from browser applications, email clients, and some other built-in Windows applications, you can go to the Custom Cleanup menu> to the Applications tab> highlight the applications and junk files you want to remove> click Scan.
Advantages and disadvantages of CCleaner :
- The free version has a fairly comprehensive set of features.
- User-friendly and clean interface.
- Can scan the registry and duplicate files.
- Can detect the tracker in the browser.
- Perform a full junk file cleanup.
- Supports Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
- Carelessly deleting unnecessary files, especially those related to the system, can cause a Windows error.
- Some folders on the hard disk cannot be scanned.
- Attempt to prompt the user to install another application during the installation process.
3. Immersion disk
Disk cleanup is a built-in cleaning feature that also cleans up unwanted files in Windows. This app is perfect for Windows 7 and 8 that don’t have Storage Sense like Windows 10.
Although Disk Cleanup is a built-in application that has been around for a long time, its existence is often overlooked. In fact, Disk Cleanup is just as good as the Cleaner application in terms of functionality, and even surpasses the paid applications.
Removing unwanted files in Windows with Disk Cleanup is very easy, just follow the steps below:
- Type Disk Cleanup (without quotes) in the search box> select Disk Cleanup.
- Select the disk you want to clean, for example. B. the C drive and then select (C:).
- Select the unnecessary files you want to delete> Click Delete System Files> OK
Advantages and disadvantages of using Disk Cleaner as a cleaning tool in Windows
- There is no need to install additional applications.
- No advertising, no payment.
- Can clean up unwanted files like cache, temporary files, Internet thumbnail files and other junk files for cleaning.
- Can clean up data from old Windows installations or after upgrades to create new disk space.
- The screen looks like an old school.
- The functionality is not as extensive as that of third-party cleaning programs.
4. AVG PC TuneUP
AVG PC TuneUP
AVG PC TuneUp is a very powerful application that cleans junk files and keeps your system running smoothly. This application not only provides disk cleanup functions, but also optimizes Windows performance, closes security holes and saves laptop battery.
One of the best features of this application is the sleep mode, which allows us to temporarily disable programs we don’t need and reactivate them when needed. This will have a significant impact on the performance of Windows, which is lighter and more energy efficient.
In terms of cleaning, AVG PC TuneUp can be used to clean up unwanted files such as cache, temporary files, thumbnails, duplicate files and registry entries. We can also use the scheduled and automatic routine maintenance feature to perform computer maintenance automatically according to the schedule we set.
AVG PC TuneUP Features :
- Automatically scans and removes unwanted files.
- Start defragmenting the hard drive.
- Verification of system registration.
- Identifies programs that slow down the startup process and disables them.
- Balances performance and power consumption to conserve battery life.
- Turn off programs that consume battery power.
- Clean up any unnecessary files that make Windows cluttered.
- Delete duplicate files.
Pros and cons of AVG PC TuneUP
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- It has an automatic maintenance function.
- Support for different devices (Windows, macOS, Android).
- Insert unwanted applications.
- Too frequent reports. – There’s too much publicity.
Download AVG PC TuneUP
5. Ashampoo WinOptimizer
Ashampoo WinOptimizer is a pretty powerful application for cleaning unwanted files in Windows. This application can be used to clean up unwanted files in Windows systems and get optimal performance.
One of the features I like is the one-click optimization, which allows you to perform several functions at once, from scanning and cleaning the entire computer to cleaning cache files and browser junk, scanning registry entries and allocating new disk space.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer also has a security feature that is useful to detect the files we download to our computer, analyze them and if the file contains malicious code (virus, malware, spyware), it will be detected and we can remove it easily. You can try the free version first. If you want more features, you can buy the pro version.
Features Ashampoo WinOptimizer :
- Computer maintenance and optimization.
- Delete all unwanted files.
- Accelerate your Windows experience.
- Clear the register.
- Make backups.
Pros and cons of Ashampoo WinOptimizer
- Powerful and easy to use.
- One-click optimization (Pro version).
- Carefully clean up unwanted files.
- Can be used to solve startup problems.
- A customer-specific installation is not foreseen.
- Can delete system restore points (if you’re not careful).
- Paste the shortcut of the commercial link on your desktop.
Download Ashampoo WinOptimizer
6. Razer Cortex
The next recommended PC cleaner for Windows is the Razer Cortex. This app is very popular among gamers because it is used as a booster – it frees the memory from unnecessary programs while playing. I am also a user of this application, especially when playing heavy games.
Razer Cortex also has features to clean up junk files and optimize PC performance, so you can work quickly and easily. The appearance of the application is also very user-friendly. The one-click acceleration feature of the Razer Cortex is also very handy for completing all tasks in one click.
Specifically for gamers, the Razer Cortex library was designed to store preferred lists of games we’ve played. There is also a description of when the game was last played and the total length of time we have played the game. If you want to play certain games, just run them through the dashboard and the Razer Cortex will automatically optimize them.
Razer Cortex. Characteristics:
- System Booster and Game Booster.
- Delete all unwanted files.
- Erase your memory.
- Optimize your PC with one click.
- Displays the FPS indicator.
- Defragment the game.
- Library game.
Pros and cons of the Razer Cortex
- It’s free.
- The user interface is easy to understand.
- Booster function in one click.
- Good enough to improve PC performance in games.
- The .NET Framework is required.
- Sometimes we have to sign in multiple times, especially if the Razer Cortex app is rarely open.
Download Razer Cortex
7. Total PC cleaner
PC Total Cleaner
Total PC Cleaner is a junk file cleaning program available from the Microsoft Store. This app can also be used to clean up, optimize memory usage and lighten the load on Windows 10.
The simple look of this application makes it very easy to use, the main window has only one scan page. To use it, select the types of unwanted files you want to clean and then click the Scan button.
Advantages and disadvantages of Total PC Cleaner
- 100% free.
- No ads.
- Works smoothly with low specifications.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Incomplete information.
- Can only be used to erase the C drive.
- It is not possible to analyze specific folders.
Download Total PC Cleaner
8. Advanced system optimizer
Advanced System Optimizer
The best app for cleaning Windows 10 can be found alongside Advanced System Optimizer. With its extensive features, this application is enough to keep your computer healthy.
This application can be used to clean up unwanted files like logs, cache, browser tracks and other unwanted files. Moreover, this application can work as a system booster and anti-malware.
Although Advanced System Optimizer has many features and tools, it is very easy to use. The navigation layout is very user friendly and the look and feel is also neat.
You don’t need any special knowledge to use it, one look is enough to understand the functions of this application.
Advanced system optimization functions :
- Clean up all types of junk files in Windows 10, 8 and 7.
- Delete the system registry.
- Optimize your hard drive.
- Game Booster to reduce lag.
- Driver Updater to update outdated drivers.
- Protects your system from malware, Trojans, spyware, adware and other dangerous software.
- Backup Manager to restore accidentally deleted data.
- Duplicate Remover to get rid of unwanted duplicate files.
- Secure Delete to permanently delete files or folders so they cannot be restored by a recovery program.
Advantages and disadvantages of Advanced System Optimizer
- Full specifications.
- Can work as an anti-virus software.
- Have a backup function.
- Can perform a deep scan.
- often false positives (recognizing as malicious what is not malware).
- The backup possibilities are very limited.
- To take advantage of all the features, you must purchase the Pro version.
Download Advanced System Optimizer
9. Avast Cleaning
Avast Cleanup is a computer cleaning application developed by the famous antivirus company Avast Antivirus. You may have heard or even used this name before. This application is also a pretty powerful tool to keep your system clean and light.
Avast Cleanup can perform a thorough scan to find files that are no longer needed by your Windows system and clean them up, freeing up disk space for other, more important applications.
Since Avast Cleanup is designed by antivirus developers who are highly experienced in their field, it also offers a feature that detects bloatware and other unnecessary applications that often invade computers.
Avast Cleanup Features
- PC Cleaner
- Windshield wipers
- registry cleaner
- Malware Removal
Advantages and disadvantages of Avast Cleanup
- Nice user interface, clear navigation and easy to use.
- Can detect unwanted files from various applications installed in Windows.
- Can prevent unnecessary applications from consuming too many resources.
- Can detect unwanted software.
- The functions of the PC cleaner are very complete.
- Supports Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Disadvantages: No free version.
Download Avast Cleanup
10. Advanced SystemCare Free
Advanced SystemCare Free
Currently, Advanced SystemCare is the best junk file cleaner for Windows. This application was developed by IObit, a technology company specializing in the development of utilities for Windows.
Advanced SystemCare is another free cleaning program that you can use to keep your Windows system clean and simple. The functions are extensive enough for an application of this size that it is not charged. We can clean up various junk files that are often present in the Windows operating system, clean up the system registry and detect and remove spyware.
This app can also detect errors in the Windows 10 system and try to fix them. With this one application you can perform many tasks, from optimizing your system to cleaning your hard drive and preventing malicious spyware from entering your system.
Advanced SystemCare Features
- Optimization of the commissioning process.
- PC Cleaner.
- Register as a cleaner.
- Spyware removal.
- Fixing vulnerabilities.
- System optimization.
- Hard drive optimization.
Advantages and disadvantages of Advanced SystemCare
- You can use it for free.
- Full range of cleaning functions.
- The user interface is clear and easy to use.
- Can display widgets for RAM and CPU usage.
Weaknesses: Attempt to install other applications during the installation process.
Download Advanced SystemCare
So, friends, before you look at our list of the top 10 free window cleaner apps. Try what you like best. This could be useful!
Don’t forget to bookmark this site and visit it every day as you will find the latest technology information such as how-to guides, tips and tricks, blogs, digital marketing, Windows Android Root, social media, games, etc. I wish you luck.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best free PC Cleaner for Windows 10?
The best free PC Cleaner for Windows 10 is CCleaner.
What is the best PC cleaner for Windows 10?
We recommend CCleaner for Windows 10.
Is CCleaner Safe 2021?
CCleaner is a well-respected and trusted system optimization and privacy tool. It is also a very safe program. CCleaner is a well-respected and trusted system optimization and privacy tool. CCleaner is a well
Feedback,microsoft total pc cleanerfree pc cleaner for windows 10iolo system mechanicccleanerbest pc cleaner 2021advanced system optimizer,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,CCleaner,Advanced SystemCare,AVG PC TuneUp,Ashampoo WinOptimi…,See more,Speccy,Malwareb…,VLC media player,LibreOffice,Recuva,Audacity,microsoft total pc cleaner,free pc cleaner for windows 10,iolo system mechanic,ccleaner,best pc cleaner 2021,advanced system optimizer,best cleaner for windows 10 free download,free pc cleaner and booster