When it came to the Switch, we were cautiously optimistic that Nintendo could manage to succeed in the crowded hybrid console market. We wanted to be sure that the Switch would be a success, becoming a smash hit and in the long run, a part of the console market that continues to grow.
Recently (around the time of the release of Battlefield 1) we saw a noticeable shift in the way that DICE was mixing up their Battlefield games. They were moving away from the World War 2 setting that had become synonymous with the franchise and were going forward with a new setting: the modern-day. The result was a new game, which has, in our opinion, been one of the most entertaining and enjoyable to date. Its high level of quality is pretty much unmatched, and we feel that it has a lot to do with the fact that the developers have put a lot of their own money into it.
Ivan Yenik Breakdown expert
With a passion for all things Windows and an innate curiosity, Ivan immersed himself in understanding the operating system, specializing in drivers and solving driver-related problems. If he’s not trapped… Read more
Updated: 8. July 2021.
Published: April 2020
- Windows users may receive error 007065E during installation of latest Windows updates Data of this type is not supported.
- Try running the failed updates again. This can help Windows find the missing file.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus software, as they can prevent updates from being installed.
- Perform system file analysis to recover corrupted files following our guide below.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Windows users may see error 007065E Data of this type is not supported when installing the latest Windows updates.
This error does not allow you to install the latest updates and is the result of corrupted system files.
However, system file corruption occurs when a system file is damaged or missing. The error 007065E Data of this type is not supported can occur on almost every Windows PC.
How do I fix error 007065E on my Windows computer?
1. Restart failed updates
First, try re-running the failed updates; this may help Windows find the missing file and fix error 007065E Data of this type is not supported.
So follow these steps to restart failed updates:
- On the Start menu, go to Control Panel and then to Windows Update.
- Then click to view the update history.
- If the updates are not successful, you can try to download the files again.
- Then manually install the failed updates.
Message: Make sure you are connected to the Internet while installing updates.
2. Disable firewall and antivirus software
In addition, some antivirus programs may cause error 007065E Data of this type is not supported, preventing the installation of Windows updates on the PC.
To resolve this error, you may need to temporarily disable your antivirus software and try updating Windows again.
Follow these steps to disable the antivirus software:
- Find your antivirus shortcut and run it.
- In the Antivirus window, search for Disable protection.
- Therefore, type Windows Update in the Start menu and press Enter.
- Click Check for updates to install the latest Windows update.
After installing the Windows update, also go back to the antivirus panel and enable the protection to prevent malicious virus attacks.
This solution prevents error 007065E Data of this type is not supported.
Talk about cyber attacks: Do not forget to install a reliable antivirus program for Windows 7 on your PC. Read this article to know more about the best antivirus software for Windows 7 in 20171.
3. Rename folder SoftwareDistribution
In addition, corrupted installation files are stored in the distribution folder of the software.
Another way to avoid error 007065E is to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then try to download and install Windows updates again.
This allows Windows to recreate the folder and fix the problem. The following section describes the steps for renaming the software distribution folder:
- Press the Windows key and type Command Prompt or cmd.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type NET STOP WUAUSERV and press Enter.
- Also type REN C:WINDOWSSoftwareDistribution SDOLD and press Enter.
- Finally, type NET START WUAUSERV and press Enter.
- Restart the computer after 10 minutes.
- Wait another 10 minutes after the system reboots. Now go to Windows Updates and check for updates. Select and install the oldest update.
Message: Following these steps will allow Windows to rebuild the SoftwareDistribution folder, which will solve the problem and also fix the error 007065E Data of this type not supported.
4. Run a scan to check system files
In particular, error 007065E Data of this type is not supported, which occurs due to system file corruption, can be resolved by running the system file check.
This will fix all errors related to the dll file (dynamic link library).
SFC scans, checks and repairs all damaged files. Follow these steps to start an SFC scan on a Windows computer:
- Press the Windows key and type Command Prompt
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc at the cmd prompt and press Enter.
- Type /scannow and press Enter.
- Finally, restart your Windows PC and try to download and install Windows updates again.
This method performs a system file check and restores all damaged system files, including those related to error 007065E.
5. Using third-party software
You can fix the 007065E This data type is not supported error by using a reliable third-party utility that optimizes your Windows operating system and restores registry settings to their default values.
Windows Update is designed to improve the overall performance of the operating system, add new features and even update existing ones. However, some errors may occur unexpectedly.
Fortunately, there is a Windows recovery software that specializes in these types of problems and can help you fix them in no time, and it is called Restoro.
Here you can learn how to fix registration errors with Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Start the application.
- Wait for the application to detect system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press the Start repair button.
- Restart the computer so that all changes take effect.
Once the process is complete, your computer should work perfectly and you should never have to worry about Windows update errors again.
⇒ Get Restoro
Denial: The program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
The above methods may resolve error 007065E This data type is not supported. Download and install the latest Windows updates on your Windows 7 PC.
If you have any questions, ask them in the comments below.
Frequently asked questions
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Privacy settings,How Search works,feature update to windows 10, version 20h2 – error 0x8007065e