We came across this awesome list of unusual ways to control things on the iPhone from the folks at fearmap and we thought it would be perfect for our readers.
Some iPhone owners would like to have a more stable wireless connection with their iPhone, and sometimes, it just happens. A common solution is to use a third party remote control app, but you still need to be on the same network to control the camera. This is where the RemoteControl app comes in handy. RemoteControl lets you use your iPhone’s camera from anywhere, even if you aren’t in the same network or Wi-Fi. In this article, we’ll show you how to control your iPhone’s camera remotely, and even how you can take pictures and record videos with it, if you don’t have a remote control app installed.
Have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to take photos with your iPhone but couldn’t hold it in your hand? Learn the different ways to control your iPhone camera remotely.
In this article, we’ll show you how to remotely control your iPhone’s camera to take photos or videos using the Apple Watch, Siri shortcuts, voice commands, and Bluetooth remotes.
How to control the iPhone camera remotely with the Apple Watch
The camera app on the Apple Watch has improved significantly over the years, with new features and better responsiveness.
Apple Watch controls allow you to take photos and videos with your iPhone camera. It also supports zooming, focusing, switching the camera from front to back or vice versa, turning the flash on or off, taking Live Photos, turning HDR on or off, etc.
If you have an Apple Watch, you can use it as a remote control button for your iPhone. Essentially, you can control your iPhone’s camera with the Apple Watch and take photos and videos without holding your iPhone. You don’t have access to all the features of your iPhone’s camera app, but you can still do a lot of things.
- On your Apple Watch, open the Camera app (which opens the Camera app on your iPhone).
- You can tap the frame of your Apple Watch to set the focus point.
- You can also use the digital clock head to scale.
- Tap the three dots at the bottom left of the Apple Watch’s camera screen to get additional settings, such as flash, change camera, HDR, live photo, timer, and so on.
- Press the timer button (3s) or the shutter button to take the picture.
- To record a video from the watch, press and hold the shutter button and the video recording begins. You can release the shutter button to stop recording.
- That’s it.
Controlling the iPhone camera remotely with Siri shortcuts
Those without an Apple Watch can use Siri shortcuts to take photos or videos remotely with their iPhone. However, it’s not as simple as asking Siri to take a picture. If you do this and say: Hey Siri, take a picture, the assistant will launch the camera app on your phone. Fortunately, you can use the Siri shortcut in the Shortcuts app to take photos with the phrase Say Cheese. That’s what you have to do.
- Start the Shortcuts application on your iPhone.
- Click on the gallery and find Say Cheese.
- Now click on the Add shortcut button.
- When you first use the shortcut, you’ll need to give Siri access to Camera and Photos.
- You can now say “Hey Siri, Cheese” and the camera app will launch and take a picture for you.
- That’s it.
How do you control the iPhone camera remotely with your voice?
You can also use your iPhone’s voice control feature to take photos or record videos without touching the device. You can usually press the volume button in the camera app to take a picture or record a video. All you have to do is activate the voice command and say the volume up command, and the camera app will do the rest. Here’s how to set it up:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Accessibility.
- Press Voice Control and activate the function.
- A blue microphone icon should now appear in the status bar.
- Open the camera application, take a picture, and then say Increase volume to make the shutter work.
- That’s it.
The camera application should now automatically take the picture. You can also use this command to start and stop video recording by simply going to Video in the application.
Operating the iPhone camera with a Bluetooth remote control
Another simple option is to use a Bluetooth remote control. There are many such remote controls on the market and they work very well. Connect the remote to your iPhone via Bluetooth, open the camera app, align the frame and press the record button on the Bluetooth remote.
You might also like – How can I blur the background during video calls on iPhone?
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section. Share this article with your friends too.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I control my iPhone camera remotely?
You can use the iPhone camera remotely by using the iPhone’s built-in camera app.
Is there a camera remote for iPhone?
How can I use my iPhone camera on another iPhone?
You can’t use your iPhone camera on another iPhone.
Feedback,control iphone camera remotelyiphone remote shutter appiphone camera remote with zoomremote control iphone camera from macremote control iphone camera from pcremote camera control app,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,control iphone camera remotely,iphone remote shutter app,iphone camera remote with zoom,remote control iphone camera from mac,remote control iphone camera from pc,remote camera control app,iphone video remote control app,use iphone as remote camera