When it comes to gaming laptops, Acer’s Predator Helios 300 is a great choice. It has a great screen, fast performance, and top-notch audio to go along with its other great features. However, when it comes to keeping your PC updated, you may run into some trouble. Luckily, we have written this guide on updating your drivers and other system files, so you can make sure your system is up to date and your gaming experience is the best possible.
A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing the Internet on my Acer Predator Helios 300, and I came across an article on the Acer forums about updating the driver for the device. Ever since I have had this PC, I have been having some issues with video drivers that I have had to update. I found the tools that helped me to update my drivers, and I am going to share them with you. This article is going to be about using Windows Update to update the drivers, and why you need to use this tool.
Matthew AdamsWindow of Windows and software
Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more
- If you’re wondering how to update the drivers on your Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop, there are six different ways to do it.
- Users can update Acer Predator drivers by manually downloading them from the company’s websites.
- Others prefer to update the Acer Predator Helios 300 drivers with third-party software.
- Windows 10 also includes a built-in driver update utility for Acer Predator Helios 300 laptops.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which contains a patented technology (patent available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Originally released in 2017, the Predator Helios 300 is a great gaming laptop that Acer is updating with new models.
To ensure high performance when playing games on the Helios 300, it is necessary to update the drivers for graphics and audio equipment, game support (Visual C++ & NET Framework) and network equipment.
There are several ways to update device drivers for Acer Predator Helios 300 and any other Windows 10 PC.
The Helios 300 also comes pre-installed with several applications that allow you to update drivers. Here are six different ways to update the drivers on your Predator Helios 300 laptop.
How do I update the drivers for my Predator Helios 300?
1. Using the driver update software
Updating the drivers with the driver update program is the easiest method. The driver update program scans your Helios 300 laptop and lists all devices with outdated or faulty drivers. You can then choose to automatically update the drivers for specific devices or for all listed devices.
Some of the most common Windows errors and crashes are due to old or incompatible drivers. Failure to update the system can lead to slowdowns, system errors and even BSoDs. To avoid these problems, you can use an automatic utility that will find, download and install the correct version of the driver on your Windows PC in a few clicks. We recommend DriverFix. Here’s how:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be a problem if you download and start using this powerful software today.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Manual driver update for Helios 300
Download the drivers
- First, invoke the Windows 10 Search window by clicking the magnifying glass button on this tool in the taskbar.
- Then type the system information in the Search text box.
- Click System in the search results to open the Control Panel shown below.
- Note down the system model of your PC, which is something like Predator PH315-51.
- Open the Acer Web site in your Web browser.
- Click on the Drivers and Manuals link at the bottom of the Acer website (under the service hyperlinks).
- Then, in the Device Serial Number text box, enter the model of the Helios 300 that you registered in the Control Panel application.
- Click Search to open the drivers and manuals page for the Predator Helios 300 laptop.
- Click on the link All.
- Then click on Drivers to expand the list of drivers that can be downloaded from the Acer website.
- Click on the link to download the driver.
- Then select the folder where you want to download the driver ZIP package and click Save.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
Removing and installing drivers
- Click the button in the file explorer taskbar (the one with the folder icon).
- Open the folder where you downloaded the ZIP archive of the driver.
- Double-click on the ZIP archive of the driver.
- Then click Extract All to open the Extract Compressed Data window.
- Click the Browse button to select the ZIP extraction path.
- Select the Show unpacked files after completion check box.
- Select the option Extract.
- Then click on the downloaded driver installation file in the unzipped folder.
- Go through the installation wizard to install the driver.
Not all drivers for the Predator Helios 300 are available on Acer’s website. For some PC devices, you also need to download drivers from other companies’ websites, for example. B. from NVIDIA and Intel.
Check the download pages on the manufacturers’ websites to get the latest drivers.
3. Update driver via Device Manager
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the Win + X menu.
- Then double-click the device category for which you want to update the drivers.
- Right-click the device in the list and select Update Driver to open the window shown in the following screenshot.
- In the window that opens, select Automatically search for drivers. Windows will install a newer driver for the selected device if it finds one during the search.
4. Checking for Windows 10 updates
- First, open Settings by clicking the gear button on the left side of the Windows 10 Start menu.
- Select Update & Security to open the Windows Update tab in Settings.
- Click Check for updates to find available patch updates. Select this option to download and install all available updates.
- You can also click the Show additional updates option on the Windows Update tab to open the window shown below.
- Click Driver Updates to display a list of device drivers that you can select to install.
- Check the boxes of the desired drivers and click the Download and Install button.
5. Update drivers using Acer Care Center
- Acer Care Center is a pre-installed application on Predator Helios 300 notebooks that allows you to update your drivers. To find this app, click on the Windows 10 Start button.
- Then click on Care Center in the list of applications in the Start menu to open the window shown in the following screenshot.
- Click on the Update box to open the utility shown below.
- Click on the Check Now button.
- Then click Update All to install the available updates.
6. Updating Nvidia drivers with GeForce Experience
- GeForce Experience is another pre-installed application on the Predator Helios 300 PC that is ideal for updating Nvidia GPU device drivers. You can open this application by clicking the NVIDIA Corporation and GeForce Experience folder in the Start menu.
- In the GeForce Experience window, click the Get Started button.
- Then click on Sign Up with NVIDIA.
- If you do not already have an NVIDIA account, you will need to click Create Account to create one.
- Enter the email address and password of your NVIDIA account in the required fields and click Login.
- In the upper left corner of the GeForce Experience window, click Drivers.
- Click on the Download button to download the available GeForce GameReady driver.
- Finally, choose the express installation option.
You can only update NVIDIA device drivers with GeForce Experience.
This way, you can update the drivers for your Predator Helios 300 just like you would any other Windows 10 PC. However, some applications that come with your Acer Predator computers provide additional driver update options.
Choose the best driver update method for you and let us know in the comment section below.
Is there a problem? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Start the conversation
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Acer Predator Helios 300 upgradable?
Yes, the Acer Predator Helios 300 is upgradable.
How do I install Acer Predator drivers?
1. Download the latest drivers from the Acer website. 2. Unzip the file. 3. Follow the instructions on the screen. 4. Restart your PC. 5. After restarting your PC, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
Can I upgrade my Acer Predator?
Yes, you can upgrade your Acer Predator to a higher tier.
acer predator helios 300 graphics driveracer predator helios 300 keyboard driveracer predator helios 300 ph315-52 driversacer predator helios 300 bluetooth driveracer predator helios 300 drivers ph315-53acer predator helios 300 bios update 2020,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,acer predator helios 300 ph315-51 drivers,acer predator helios 300 drivers ph315-53,acer predator helios 300 bios update 2020,acer predator helios 300 graphics driver,acer predator helios 300 predator sense download,acer predator helios 300 keyboard driver,acer predator helios 300 ph315-52 drivers,acer predator helios 300 bluetooth driver