The new Windows 10 Search bar, the Cortana option, is supposed to be a major new feature but for some people it doesn’t work. It is not working for some people on some of the new Windows PCs. This is a problem.
It appears that the search bar in Windows 11 is not working consistently across all Windows 10 devices. I am not certain why this is, but I believe it has something to do with the fact that Microsoft is currently in the process of rolling out updates for the new operating system.
Loredana Harsana Editor-in-Chief
Loredana is a writer with a passion for hardware and technology. She started writing about mobile phones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was at the top of the… Read more
- One of the most common problems in an operating system is the search bar not working, but in this detailed article you will learn how to fix this problem in Windows 11.
- The first thing you should do is check for general operating system updates.
- If the search bar is not working in Windows 11, running the operating system troubleshooter will definitely help.
- Restarting some options via Task Manager is another effective solution you should consider.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Any version of Microsoft’s operating system can sometimes cause problems, and the latest version is no exception. You must therefore be prepared for any situation.
Talk about trouble: They can occur even in the most basic and frequently used options, such as in the taskbar, the search bar or the Start menu.
In this article, we decided to present the most useful solutions when the Windows 11 search bar is not working.
Don’t worry about not being able to implement our recommendations, as they are very similar to what we know about previous operating system designs.
What can I do if the Windows 11 search bar does not work?
1. Restarting the computer
- Choose Restart.
If you have problems with the normal and basic options, such as the search bar, the first thing you should do is restart your computer.
With this option, you can be sure that the problem is not just a temporary random error.
2. Check for Windows updates
- Open the settings.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates.
3. Run the troubleshooter to make the search bar work in Windows 11
- Open the settings.
- Go to the system.
- Look on the right side of the page, scroll down and click on Troubleshooting.
- Select Recommended settings for troubleshooting.
4. Restart Windows Search
- Press the Windows key, then type and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Details tab.
- In the Name column, locate the SearchUI.exe file, right-click on it, and select End Task.
- When prompted to terminate SearchUI.exe, select End Process.
5. Resetting the computer
- Open the settings.
- Go to System and select Restore.
- Select Reset this PC, then press the Reset PC button.
If none of these methods work, you should also go to the Microsoft support website and describe your problem by creating a ticket for the dedicated support team.
We have made sure to offer only the best options for the particular model of manual. So the above options are perfect when the Windows 11 search bar doesn’t work.
Reading the full Windows 11 release review will definitely help you better understand the design features of the latest operating system.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments below, and to subscribe to our newsletter.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix windows search bar not typing?
There are a few ways to fix this issue. 1. Press the Windows key and the letter “R” to open the run dialog. 2. Type “regedit” and press enter. 3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search 4. Right-click the Search key and select Delete. 5. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer 6. 7. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 8. 9. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer 10. 11. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer 12. 13. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft
Why is the Windows 10 search bar not working?
The Windows 10 search bar is not working? The Windows 10 search bar is not working on your PC.
Why is my taskbar search not working?
If your taskbar search is not working, it may be because you are using a third-party browser. If you are using a third-party browser, please make sure you are using Microsoft Edge.
Feedback,search bar not working windows 10windows 10 start menu search not workingwindows 10 search not working 2021windows 10 search not working 2020how to enable search in windows 10windows search bar not clickable,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,search bar not working windows 10,windows 10 start menu search not working,windows 10 search not working 2021,windows 10 search not working 2020,how to enable search in windows 10,windows search bar not clickable,windows 10 taskbar search not working,windows 10 search not working (2019)